The Start Up Kit
The perfect sewing kit is different for everyone, but there are a few absolute essentials that your first sewing kit should start with. And we have built the perfect start-up kit for you.
These are the essential items contained in our sewing kit:
- Thread – The four essential colours include red, black, white and blue. Later on, you may even choose to add in colours that are more in sync with your wardrobe.
- Needles – Included in this package are two sewing needles, ready for any quick repairs.
- Needle Threader – No explanation needed.
- Scissors – With a small pair of orange scissors used as the owl’s spectacles, this is a great addition to any sewing kit.
- Pins – Two pins are included for your sewing pleasure.
- Tape Measure – This is a very basic tape measure. You may choose to replace this with a more durable plastic tape measure in the future.
- Buttons – You will find two buttons used as the owl’s eyes. These are perfect for those one or two quick replacements. There is also a storage pouch for you to file extra replacement buttons that come with your new dress shirt.
Other items you may choose to add to your sewing kit in the future:
- Pin cushion
- Seam gauge
- Seam ripper
- Hooks and Eyes
- Fray Check
Over time, you may choose to add more and take away items to make your own PERFECT sewing kit.
Lastly, we would to thank Leeann for inspiring us to do these adorable owl sewing kits. Thank you Leeann!